If you’re new to SEO, there are great resources online to help you learn more about this exciting field. In fact, there are so many that it may seem overwhelming!
However, there are a few that provide such consistently great resources that they rise to the top, and I turn to them on a regular basis:
- Google: SEO Starter Guide Google is probably the search engine that you’re most interested in, so it’s helpful to understand what they say when it comes to SEO. Their is a good place to begin.
- Moz: Moz is one of the most respected SEO resources out there. I’ve certainly learned a lot from them. Their Beginner’s Guide to SEO is great starting point for you to learn more about SEO.
- Yoast: Yoast is well-known as the creators of the Yoast SEO plugin, which is one of the most widely-used WordPress plugins (I use it on all of my sites). However, with their “SEO for everyone” ethos, they also provide courses and a blog that is full of great information.
- Backlinko: Backlinko is a must-read for anyone serious about SEO. Brian Dean, the founder of Backlinko, is one of the world’s most sought-after SEO experts. His website is a great example of SEO content done right.
- Quicksprout: Quicksprout is a great SEO blog with tons of information.
Of course, there is one other resource that will help you to learn about SEO: this blog. My focus is on providing you with useful and actionable SEO information in plain English. If you haven’t done so already, be sure to sign up for the newsletter to learn more.