Simply having a website isn’t enough these days. What good is your website if no one can actually find it?
A good website needs to have content that is useful for your audience and that can be readily indexed and understood by search engines. Search engine optimization (SEO) is critical for ensuring that your website can be found online.
An SEO audit will help you to identify how well your website is already set up for good search results as well as what improvements should be made. The SEO audit provides a comprehensive review of both the technical and content aspects of your website including:
- Reviewing your site and URL structure – these tell Google what your site is about and makes it easy and intuitive to navigate your website so that users can find what they are looking for
- Evaluating your use of heading & title tags – these tell Google what each page is about so that the search engines knows when to serve it up in the search results
- Checking your page speed – sites that load faster tend to rank higher
- Ensuring that your site can be easily viewed and used on a mobile device – most sites will be viewed from a phone or tablet, and if your site isn’t set up for easy viewing on a small screen, you’ll lose visitors
- Reviewing your existing content to see if it captures a user’s attention and quickly provides them with the information that they’re looking for – in general, you have just a few seconds to capture a user’s attention before they leave your site
- Researching keywords to use on your site – it’s important to identify the search terms that your potential customers are using (including the ones that direct traffic to your competitors’ websites)
- Researching and identifying other sites that can link back to your website (including the ones that link back to your competitors’ sites) – this is one of the most important factors that Google uses to rank your site
- Identifying compelling content for your site – creating something that is unique and valuable will help your site to rank higher in the search results
Your SEO audit will include a review of findings along with specific recommendations that will make it easier for new clients to find you online.
Are you ready to get started? Contact me for a free initial consultation.
[contact-form][contact-field label=”Name” type=”name” required=”1″][contact-field label=”Email” type=”email” required=”1″][contact-field label=”Website” type=”url” required=”1″][contact-field label=”Message” type=”textarea”][/contact-form]